Norway Named the Winner of 2019 Ignis Brunensis Fireworks Competition
This morning, Brno Mayor Markéta Vaňková announced the winner of the 2019 edition of the popular fireworks festival. In photo: The team North Star Fireworks from Norway. Photo credit: Zenon Moreau.
Brno, Jun 13 (BD) – After two weeks of competition, the winner is finally known: the team North Star Fireworks from Norway amazed Brno residents with their wonderful show on June 12. The closing firework display of the festival will take place this Saturday at 10:30 PM over Špilberk Castle.
“We are very proud, we would love to come back for the next edition,” Andreas Helle, the manager of Team North Star Fireworks, said at the award ceremony at Brno New Townhall this morning.
“The festival is an integral part of the city’s life, and one of the most visited events,” said Vaňková, adding: “On average, each of the firework displays are watched by between 120,000 and 150,000 spectators.” (Find more in our previous article “Line-Up For Ignis Brunensis Revealed; Norway and The Philippines Will Compete For The First Time”.)
Each of the competition performances took place at 10:30pm. The participating teams included a home team from the Czech Republic, as well as a team from Portugal, and teams from Norway and the Philippines competing for the first time.
Results of Ignis Brunensis 2019:
- MAIN AWARD “STAROBRNO IGNIS BRUNENSIS” – NORTH STAR FIREWORKS, Norway
- THE CZECH RADIO PRIZE “MUSIC AMIDST THE FIRES” – GRUPO LUSO PIROTECNIA, Portugal
- THE CZECH TV PRIZE “SCENES AMIDST THE FIRES” – NORTH STAR FIREWORKS, Norway
- SPECIAL PRIZE BY THE MAYOR OF BRNO for the design of the compulsory part – NORTH STAR FIREWORKS, Norway
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE PRIZE – announcement plannedon 21 June 2019
Prepared by Zenon Moreau.
Get the news first! Subscribe to our daily newsletter here. Top stories of the day in your mailbox every morning.